Are you interested in working as a CBO in the State Bank of India? Here, we have an exciting opportunity for you to know the eligibility criteria to qualify for the assessment. However, to give your best for the position, you should know about the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam and work as an SBI CBO. But before you proceed to apply for the position, ensure that you are thorough about the exam and don’t miss out on vital points. The candidate must follow some rigid criteria to appear for the SBI CBO exam.
If you want to chisel your skills to appear successfully for the position, you can use the resources available at BYJU’S Exam Prep for all your banking needs. Read this article to find out the eligibility criteria for the SBI CBO 2022.
Points to Consider Before Applying Online
- The candidate will only be able to apply for jobs in one State. An applicant who applies for one State’s opening is not entitled to apply for any other State’s vacancy.
- The applicant’s candidacy will be generally considered for openings in the State they have applied/ chosen. State-by-state and category-by-category merit lists will be compiled.
- Candidates can apply in the Circle of the State for which they were chosen.
- The successful applicants will not be eligible for inner-circle transfers until they are promoted to SMGS-IV Grade or have served for 12 years, whichever comes first.
For a candidate to be eligible to become an SBI CBO, one must be an Indian citizen. The following are the details shared by the State Bank of India in their official notification :
- The applicant must be a Citizen of India.
- A Nepalese or Bhutanese subject.
- Prior to January 1, 1962, a Tibetan migrant arrived in India to settle permanently.
- (PIO) A citizen of Indian descent who came to India permanently from Pakistan, Burma, or Vietnam, Sri Lanka, or the East African countries of Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, or Ethiopia.
To be eligible to appear for the SBI CBO, one shouldn’t be more than thirty years old and less than twenty-one years old. However, there are some exclusive relaxations in the maximum age limit for certain categories and divisions.
To be eligible for becoming an SBI CBO, one must have earned a bachelor’s degree in any course from an Indian university or a diploma course recognized by the government. In addition, the applicant must be familiar and fluent in speaking the regional language of the State in which he is applying. As confirmation of having studied the native language, the candidate must present a mark sheet of secondary or higher secondary examination.
SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria: Experience
To be eligible for appearing as an SBI CBO, a candidate must have a minimum of two years of banking experience as a bank officer in a regional or a commercial bank. In addition, they have to submit a letter of recommendation and job profile stating their experience and skills that should be certified by their previous employers.
However, suppose someone’s candidature does not match the requirements of SBI CBO or differs significantly from a Scale-I Generalist officer with the State Bank of India. In that case, their registration will be rejected outright at any level of the recruiting process. The Bank’s judgment would be valid and supreme on all applicants in this case. In this respect, the Bank will not accept any representations or correspondence.
The chosen person will be in the general cadre and subject to the Bank’s general cadre officers’ advancement policy have to crack the SBI CBO cut off. The successful applicants will not be eligible for inner-circle transfers until they are promoted to SMGS-IV Grade or have served for 12 years, whichever comes first. BYJU’S Exam Prep includes a large range of materials to assist students in preparing for various tests, so you’ll never be stuck with your studies with so much material.